- Most tissue injuries and pain develop as a result of repetitive trauma due to poor movement patterns. Functional rehabilitation enables identification of the key link leading to injury, not just the injured tissue. Very few chiropractors or physical therapist are equipped to identify and treat key link dysfunction. Our functional rehabilitation protocols are designed to empower the patient and reduce doctor dependence through active patient participation. Our individualized treatment protocols retrain proper and efficient movement patterns, reducing stress and increasing efficiency.
Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS):
- Developed by Pavel Kolar from the Czech Republic DNS is a extremly unique rehabilitation assessment and treatment strategy. DNS’s concept originates from developmental kinesiology (how we develop from an infant to an adult) and is effective at restoring and stabilizing the body as a whole. DNS can effectively decrease tension in overworked muscles while increasing tone in underworked muscles; thus, making soft tissue treatments and exercise more effective by allowing you to use the appropriate muscles at the right time, in the correct way. Again combining DNS with functional rehabilitation and chiropractic treatment is an EXTREMELY effective way to treat pain anywhere in the body. To learn more visit DNS’s website
Motion Palpation Institute:
- Motion palpation is a diagnostic approach used by the chiropractor to identify joint dysfunction and key weak links in the body. Chiropractors trained through the Motion Palpation Institute are able to selectively identify joint dysfunction and integrate findings with soft tissue treatment and functional rehabilitation.
Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA):
- The Selective Functional Movement Assessment is a series of 7 full-body movement tests designed to assess fundamental patterns of movement such as bending and squatting in those with known musculoskeletal pain. When used in conjunction with other assessment techniques InMoton doctors can quickly and accurately diagnose the source of the problem.
- The Kinesio Taping Method is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. It is used to successfully treat a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions.
- FAKTR (pronounced “factor”) is a rehabilitation concept. The acronym stands for Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab. FAKTR uses instrument assisted soft tissue treatment while performing functional rehabilitation of the entire kinetic chain. It is designed to show rapid improvement in patient complaints such as, increasing range of motion, decreasing pain, and decreasing tightness. For more information: www.faktr.com
Cold Laser Therapy:
- First developed over 30 years ago, phototherapy uses a specific type of light to penetrate the skin’s surface and underlying tissues to stimulate the body’s natural repair processes. The result is faster healing and reduced pain, swelling and inflammation. Cold laser has been used successfully to treat athletic injuries, acute & chronic conditions, repetitive strain disorders, tissue healing and much more. By providing the extra energy required for healing, the tissue is able to heal itself naturally. This innovative therapeutic alternative may also eliminate the need for painful, debilitating surgeries and drug therapies so often accompanied by harmful side effects.
- The best athletes in the world do not think about how good they are, they think about how good they could be. Poor function does not only increase the risk of injury, it also decreases performance. All athletic feats, performed at a high level, require the body has optimal amounts of stability and mobility. When stability and mobility are lacking, the body compensates, causing poor force generation and transfer. With a thorough functional evaluation, functional deficits that lead to poor performance can be evaluated and treated.