Description: This is a hands-on and classroom discussion 4.0 hours continuing education course designed to help the educator, coach, athletic trainers and assistants, and other weight room staff/coordinators with implementing safe and effective weightlifting mechanics and modifications, better cueing, and implementation to a classroom or large group setting.
- Weight room staff/coaches/trainer’s will be able to document they have been trained to ensure safety in the weight room for athletes.
- Provides CEU hours for athletic training/coaches, PE staff who rarely receive CEU hours that directly apply to their work.
- The efficiency of the limited time-frame athletes have to lift during class can be improved
- Coaches and PE staff and athletes can be on the same page in approach to building stronger, more efficient athletes and sports teams and differentiate between men and women’s view of weightlifting.
- Be a part in changing the weight room culture from that of PR’s and max lifts to knowing how to lift safely and improve athleticism as a result.
Improve the culture of the weight room to bringing awareness to the importance of strength training for long-term health, not just sports.
Register at link below: