Skip to content
Chiropractic Treatment Methods
- The chiropractic adjustment, or manipulation, is the most effective way to restore motion in fixated joints. Joints lose proper range of motion for a number of reasons, including poor neurodevelopment, postural/repetitive stress, emotional stress, and previous injury. Fixated joints lead to compensation in other areas of the body, eventually leading to overuse, pain, and injury. Lack of proper joint motion also prevents optimal performance. Joints that do not move ideally cannot produce effective power output, thus not allowing the body to perform to its peak potential. A well-placed, gentle chiropractic manipulation restores proper motion to fixated joints.
- Most tissue injuries and pain develop as a result of repetitive trauma due to poor movement patterns. Our rehab protocols are designed to empower the patient and reduce doctor dependence through active patient participation. Our individualized treatment protocols retrain proper and efficient movement patterns, reducing stress and increasing efficiency.
- Graston Technique® effectively breaks down scar tissue and reduces inflammation that causes pain and restricted mobility. Graston uses stainless steel instruments to comb over and “catch” on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies areas of restriction. Once the tissue dysfunction has been identified, the instruments break up the scar tissue so it can be absorbed by the body. By incorporating stretching, strengthening, and ice in the treatment and rehab process, the clinician can rebuild the soft tissue injury into healthy functioning tissue. Graston Technique® has become recognized as standard protocol in several university and hospital settings, including the prestigious Texas Back Institute. GT® is also being used in industrial settings and by over 160 professional and amateur sports teams, including NFL, NBA, NHL, and Major League Baseball teams. Historically, the Graston Technique® has resolved 87% or more of all conditions treated. It is equally effective in restoring function to acute and chronic injuries, and pre and post surgical patients. For more information: www.grastontechnique.com
Cold Laser Therapy:
- First developed over 30 years ago, phototherapy uses a specific type of light to penetrate the skin’s surface and underlying tissues to stimulate the body’s natural repair processes. The result is faster healing and reduced pain, swelling and inflammation. Cold laser has been used successfully to treat athletic injuries, acute & chronic conditions, repetitive strain disorders, tissue healing and much more. By providing the extra energy required for healing, the tissue is able to heal itself naturally. This innovative therapeutic alternative may also eliminate the need for painful, debilitating surgeries and drug therapies so often accompanied by harmful side effects.
- Acupuncture is an alternative medicine methodology originating in ancient China that treats patients by stimulating acupuncture points in the skin, either with needles or with non-puncturing methods. According to Traditional Chinese medicine, stimulating these points can correct imbalances in the flow of qi (life force) through channels known as meridians. The efficacy of acupuncture for certain conditions has been endorsed by the United States National Institutes of Health, the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and the World Health Organization.
- Dry needling is an extremely effective technique for treating trigger points, decreasing inflammation, increasing cellular healing, and decreasing overall muscular tension. Dry needling uses solid filiform needles (acupuncture needles) placed in specific areas to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal ailments.
- FAKTR (pronounced “factor”) is a rehabilitation concept. The acronym stands for Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab. FAKTR uses instrument assisted soft tissue treatment while performing functional rehabilitation of the entire kinetic chain. It is designed to show rapid improvement in patient complaints such as, increasing range of motion, decreasing pain, and decreasing tightness. For more information: www.faktr.com
- Kinesio taping is a rehabilitative taping technique used to facilitate healing, improve function, and increase performance. This unique taping technique increases stability, improves proprioception (joint sense), and decreases pain, all without restricting normal range of motion. Due to the effectiveness of kinesio taping, it has exploded in popularity. It is used heavily among athletes, including elite level runners, Olympians, and professional athletes of all different varieties. It is also a highly effective technique for treating non-athletes and chronic pain. For more info: www.kinesiotaping.com
- Diet- induced chronic inflammation leads to systemic inflammation. Systemic inflammation is a contributing factor to a great variety of painful conditions and illnesses. Aches and pains, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, aging, cognitive decline, syndrome x, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psoriasis, eczema, fatigue, and multiple sclerosis have all been associated with systemic inflammation. Our unique, yet simple approach to nutrition, along with quality supplementation from Anabolic Labs can reduce systemic inflammation, thereby reducing the risk of pain, illness, and degenerative diseases. For more info: www.anaboliclabs.com
- The best athletes in the world do not think about how good they are, they think about how good they could be. Poor function does not only increase the risk of injury, it also decreases performance. All athletic feats, performed at a high level, require the body has optimal amounts of stability and mobility. When stability and mobility are lacking, the body compensates, causing poor force generation and transfer. With a thorough functional evaluation, functional deficits that lead to poor performance can be evaluated and treated.